Sunday, March 2, 2008

PFD

i'm currently taking a class called pfd(personal and family development) a home economics class that will count as one high school credit. this class constantly has me on my toes. you may have read from my aunts blog that i had to bring home a mechanical baby for the weekend. i called that little plastic thing "Emily". this mechanical child has sensers on it's back, arms, legs, head, and stomach. each one has a battery, a sound system(to make it coo and cry), and of course a tamper and abuse light. if you harm the baby in any way the abuse light will com on and that will greatly effect your grade. there is also the tamper light which turns on when you mess around with the baby's wireing. each baby prices between $300 and $500, you break it you buy it. to feed, change, burp, and play with the baby you insert the correct key into the baby's back. there is also a "panic" key that will make the baby stop crying if you have tried all of the other keys and still can't get the child to stop crying. if this key is ever inserted into the baby it will also take off a large number of points from your grade. (my aunt accidentally inserted this key, so the tamper light turned on. i dont know what happened, but the tamper light turned off after 2 days.)i'm sure i would have not mind her so much, if she hadn't cried ever 15 minutes from 11:00pm-6:00am. the assignment was supposed to teach us that we shouldn't have children until we are married..and trust me I WON'T! there is NO hurry for me to have children. i'm still waiting to see what grade i got on the assignment, but i personally think it will be a 100%, well that's what i think i deserve anyway. haha.
after finishing our amazing baby challenge our teacher assigned a gingerbread house project. well all found this an odd assignment, because we were finished with the cooking portion of the year and Christmas is over, but we didn't argue. the challenge sounded fun :) my group (including me and two of my friends) got assigned the "multi-plex" home, which holds three family's. we each brought in candy, boxes, and other things that we could use to build our masterpiece. my friends and i found it a fun challenge, but when we found out that it was a competition things began to get a little competitive. we got into a few lets just say not so pleasant conversations with other groups about how many gram crackers they used or what type of icing they were using. haha.but in the end it was really fun. my group got first place in our class and third place in all our whole middle school :) i call it a yummy, sticky, success.

3 comments:

Katrine said...

I miss my grandaughter!

Lacking Productivity said...

I remember the freaky key babies from high school. I never took any classes where I had to have one...but I couldn't stand when they went off in class when other people had them.

ameliahope said...

i would be more afraid to take care of a mechanical baby than a real one!!